The Blackwell Public Library:
- will provide information in the form of short answers to specific questions and guidance in locating material for patrons who appear in person, call on the telephone, or request information through correspondence;
- will assist patrons in the use of the Library and teach basic research methodology, when appropriate (this includes providing help in developing a research strategy and advice on whether a trip to the Library would be worthwhile for individuals who telephone);
- will provide bibliographic verification of items both in the Library and not owned by the Library and will assist patrons in obtaining materials through interlibrary loan, when appropriate;
- may refer library users to other agencies and libraries in pursuit of needed information;
- may use not only the Library’s resources in printed form, but consult appropriate digital resources as well as the regional resource library and other agencies by telephone in pursuit of “ready reference” information.